Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 3, 2021 at 6:53 am

Hebrews 3:13 (Encouragement Part 2)

Well JD does not disappoint, he delves in more depth today into the context of our Daily Text, Hebrews 3:13. BTW-I love the quote from Dr. Ben Witherington III, “A text with out a context is merely a pretext for your own text.” Verse 12, “See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God” reveals the context and identifies the target of our encouragement, a sinful unbelieving heart that turns away from God.

If a believing heart is the doorway to salvation, then an unbelieving heart is the doorway to sin. How do we instill courage into our brothers and sisters daily to not fall into unbelief, allow their hearts and minds to become hardened, and turn away from God? The first thing that comes to mind is daily. Whatever we do it needs to be done on a regular and consistent basis, daily as long as it is today, which is until the end of the age.

I am not sure where JD is headed, but one thought I had was guard your hearts and minds. The lyrics of the children’s song “O, Be careful little eyes what you see” (Matthew 6:22-23) come to mind. We have to guard our heart in terms of what we see, what we hear, what we say, what we do, where we go, whom you trust, and what you think. As encouragers, we have to guard our hearts and minds, and encourage others to do the same every day.