Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 10, 2021 at 5:53 am

Unlearning Strengths, Embracing Weaknesses.

This is a topic that has always bothered me. The way that it has been presented to me is that if you are well educated, smart, affluent, and possess a lot of strengths like leadership, communication skills, and interpersonal skills that you are not fit for Kingdom service. That God always picks the Gideon’s, the least of those among us.

Today’s Reflection and the example of Paul, points out the error in that teaching. Paul was no Gideon or even a Moses. He was a Jew of Jews, educated by the most respected Rabbi of the day. He was confident, smart, articulate and a highly respected as a leader. It’s not that God can’t or doesn’t want to use people like this. Remember, Jesus specifically chose Paul over Peter to be His agent for reaching the Gentiles. It is a matter of wether you believe that what you have is something to be reckoned with.

What I have learned from these scriptures is that you have to realize and accept that all our strengths are really just weaknesses when compared to God’s strengths. We can do nothing apart from Him and His Grace is sufficient for our every need. His power is perfected in our weakness. God can use you for His purposes just as you are regardless of your strengths and weaknesses, if you will humble yourself. He equips those He calls. For me, it is not a matter of unlearning, denying or being ashamed of my strengths or my weaknesses, it is a matter of humility and surrendering what I have to Him and His purposes and Will not mine.