Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 14, 2021 at 7:10 am

Aspiring to Tolerance and Inclusivity or Full of Grace and Truth? Judges 6:29-32

Not to be too dramatic, but my heart leapt within me when I read today’s daily text and JD’s reflection. I am so thrilled to finally hear a spiritual thought leader speak with such authority and clarity. Our God is an exclusive God who “demands an exclusive relationship with His people. He will not tolerate other gods, idols and false ideologies.” We worship the one God and we should not accommodate false gods, false ideologies (secular relativism, humanism, etc.) in the name of inclusivity and tolerance. Our faith is not tolerant and it is not inclusive.

The gate that opens to the Kingdom of God is not wide, the road is narrow, and there are not many that will find it unless we wake up and start telling people the truth. As we discussed before, we first need to tear down all the other altars we have allowed in our lives, our homes, and especially in our churches. We can not tolerate a divided heart or house because as JD says that leads to a “confused heart and a confused heart becomes a darkened (hardened) heart and a darkened heart becomes a dead heart.”

Then we need to unapologetically proclaim Jesus as Lord and start teaching a Gospel of both Grace and Truth. There is only one way and that way is the way of Jesus Christ, “the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth” (John 1:14). We have adopted a Gospel of Grace alone, which without God’s Truth is a cheap Grace. We need a Gospel of both Grace and Truth in order to become like Jesus for the sake of others. God’s Truth has been made plain to us when the Word became flesh and is recorded for us in the Scriptures. We need to stand on all scripture as authoritative, inerrant, good for teaching, reproof, and training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).