Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 15, 2021 at 6:24 am

How to know if you are doing something right – Judges 6:33-35

Opposition is definitely a clear sign that you are headed in the right direction and are in alignment with God’s Will. Satan and his forces of evil do not want you to reach your goals or to do the Will of God. If there is no opposition, you are probably not doing anything of significance or you are thinking too small.

Resistance to change, even good change, is normal and as JD points out can be helpful. I appreciate the people in my life that push back on my ideas and actions, although they might not think I do at the time. They help me to hone and improve my thinking and discernment. They hold me accountable. We all need truth tellers in our lives.

The people that come to mind that I need to encourage in light of today’s reading are those who are standing up for what is right in God’s eyes. The ones who are willing tear down the enemy’s altars and proclaim Jesus as Lord of all. The watchmen on the tower warning us of pending dangers. The ones who are full of Grace and Truth. Lord strengthen them and show me how I can encourage and support them.