Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 17, 2021 at 6:33 am

The Battle for our Whole Hearts – Judges 7:1-3

This Text and the subsequent verses (4-8) where He reduces the number He needs to defeat Midianites to 300 are a clear demonstration of God’s power to do the impossible. The message is clearly that with God all things are possible. Therefore, we can dream big and face the giants in our life, which is true, but there is more involved in the “battle for our whole heart.”

We tend to think that we only need God’s power for the big stuff, like defeating a greatly superior enemy or facing the Giants in our life or implementing some really big plans or making big decisions. For me, the real lesson we need to learn is that we are dependent on Him for everything, even the air we breath. Apart from Him we can do nothing. I am learning to trust in Him and lean on Him for everything in my life even the small things like finding my car keys. I have no plan B. There are no areas of my life were I don’t think I need His intervention. I think this is what it means to give Him your Whole Heart. I am not there yet, but I am moving in that direction.