Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 20, 2021 at 6:18 am

Has anybody got a Trumpet – Judges 7:16-21

The only instrument that I ever tried to play was the Trumpet. I was never very good at it. When I was in the Army, the Trumpet was an integral part of our day at morning (reveille) and at night (retreat). It was also used to play Taps when we honored those who had fallen in battle.

The Biblical use of the Trumpet is to signal something that has happened or is about to happen. It’s used as a warning or a call to action. I particularly like the use of the trumpet in the Book of Joel and 1 Corinthians 15. I feel like we need to sound a Trumpet today as Joel and Gideon did and consecrate a fast; proclaim a solemn assembly; gather the people; assemble the Elders; gather the children and nursing infants; let the bridegroom come out of his room and bride out of her bridal chamber; and let the priests and the Lord’s ministers weep…(Joel 2:15-17).

What I learned from the story of Gideon encouraged me by emboldening me. We serve a mighty God who is more powerful than all other gods. If we tear down our altars to Baal; believe Him and obey Him; we can conquer all our enemies no matter how great and we can even defeat the Law of Sin and Death.