Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 26, 2021 at 5:18 am

How encouragers win even when they loose – Numbers 14:5-9

The first thing that comes to mind is the saying, it does not matter wether you win or loose, it’s how you play the game. The approach and framework of encouragement that we have been looking at in this story is how you should play the game, win or loose.

It also occurs to me that encouragers are dispensers of hope. The hope that Christ Followers dispense is grounded in our faith in God and His abilities and capabilities not ours. It is His hope that Joshua and Caleb were dispensing to the Israelites. We need to be prepared to be the minority report and the voice of hope in every situation we encounter, but do this with gentleness and respect for the feelings of others (1 Peter 3:15).

One final thought, is from verse 8, “If the Lord is pleased with us He will lead us…” This implies to me that there is a condition for the Lord’s favor. First, the key leadership have to be humble, pray and seek the Lord. They have to place their faith in God and His principles (commandments, statutes, and ordinances). Then the people have to show faith in their leaders and follow their lead. I think, we are loosing this approach in America and therefore are in danger of loosing God’s favor, but it is never too late to turn around and turn back to God. The Lord is with us, we can do this, let’s roll!