Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 27, 2021 at 5:44 am

Why to love God means to fear God – Numbers 14:5-9

I believe familiarity also breeds complacency. If we are not careful, we can take God and His favor for granted. The scriptures from Hebrews testify to the consequences of familiarity and complacency. I believe that many Christ Followers in western churches are complacent and have become to familiar with God. Their hearts have grown cold. Jesus in His address to the Church of Ephesus in the book of Revelation warns that if “you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lamp stand from its place” (Revelation 2:5). We need to teach repentance as a discipleship essential.

I feel that I have a healthy level of Holy awe, fear and love of God, but today’s text and reflections remind me to be on guard and to not forget in whom I believe. He is my Heavenly Father, but He is not my buddy. He created me and the universe and He is due my respect. I think that is the mistake I see a lot of earthly parents make with their children. Lord, I stand in awe of your Holiness, Greatness, and faithfulness, “there is no one like you.”