Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 30, 2021 at 6:24 am

There is something about Daily Text Readers – Numbers 14:20-25

Verse 24 of today’s text, “But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it,” does fit me. I am not perfect by a long shot, but I try to raise my sail every morning to catch the wind of the Holy Spirit by reading scripture, reflecting on what God is saying to me, and then following Him wholeheartedly wherever He takes me. My challenge is not letting other winds or my disobedience get me off course.

I am very committed to reading the Daily Text, reflecting on the commentary and questions, recording my thoughts in my journal and then sharing them with others, even though I know that only a small minority are tracking with me. I do this first for myself, it is part of my spiritual rhythm, and then for others. The focus of my ministry is the minority not the masses, because I have found that this is the best way to reach the majority and it was the way that Jesus did it. 2 Timothy 2:2 is the Biblical foundation for my ministry, “The things you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also” (NASB). The Daily Text is definitely not for everybody, but if you are interested in a deeper walk and sowing for a great awakening then this is one of the best pathways that I know.

For the minority in the four groups that are reading and tracking the Daily Text with me, I want you to know how meaningful your reflections are to me and how much I appreciate your participation and your faithfulness. This is the way we grow together for a Kingdom purpose. I encourage you to start your own Daily Text reading groups. The App makes it very easy to share with multiple groups simultaneously. This is not about a program or activity, it is about a movement. Let me know, if I can assist you in joining the movement.