Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 31, 2021 at 6:16 am

On Faithfulness, Failure, Forgiveness, and the Fallout – Numbers 14:26-35

What struck me in today’s Text and reflection was the phrase, “presumed on Grace.” Unfortunately, that is where many are in today’s world and the hyper Grace centered modern church. We are like the Israelites, we just take it for granted that God will continue to forgive us, which is true, but that is a very dangerous state of mind and heart. It can lead to contempt or even worse a hardened heart and blasphemy. Blasphemy is the unforgivable sin (Matthew 12:31). Failure is one thing, turning from God with contempt that becomes blasphemy is another matter. This is the point where I believe God will allow us to suffer the full brunt of sin’s consequences. I pray we are not at that point in America.

I also pray that I never reach that point. I pray that I never presume or take for granted God’s Grace, hold God in contempt by not listening to the Holy Spirit, and continuing to practice sin. Those who practice sin and do not abide in Him, do not know Him (1John 3:3-6). I pray that I will be courageous and bold enough to warn others about this slippery slope that leads to destruction. This message needs to be taught in our homes and our churches.