Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 4, 2021 at 5:26 am

Why we must become Encouragers – Hebrews 3:7-15

I think we must be encouragers because there is so much discouragement in this world that can harden our hearts and lead us to unbelief and sin. The world we live in and the prevailing Godless culture is our wilderness. We need to band together to encourage one another and guard our hearts against sin’s deceitfulness. Just because everybody else is doing it doesn’t make it right, it just makes it easier to continue sinning.

I see three commandments in today’s text. First, we are to see to it that none has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. I really am my brother’s keeper. We have a responsibility to correct a brother who sins (Matthew 18:15-18). Lord help me be an encourager that cares enough reach out in love to the ones who have turned away.

Second, we are to offer encouragement daily. I think our encouragement is grounded in the hope we have in Christ. We should be prepared to share that hope with others. We are instruments of God’s Grace and dispensers of hope. That doesn’t mean, we tell them that everything is ok. Lord help me be an encourager who shares the hope we have in Christ.

Finally, we are to share in Christ by holding firmly to our original convictions to the very end. This is where I think many fail. We have strayed from our original convictions in the name of inclusion, tolerance, and love. Love without Truth is not really love. Grace without Truth is cheap Grace. Lord help me to be an encourager who shares both God’s Grace and Truth.