Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 5, 2021 at 6:17 am

From a Shakening to Awakening- Joshua 1:1-6

I experienced the “buzz saw” of reality fairly early in my walk with God. My dog got run over and I got fired shortly after I accepted Christ. Things definitely did not turn out as I had hoped. I had more failures than successes, but I slowly began to see that each failure was preparation and protection. I was being tested, seasoned and saved for His purposes for me not mine. That is still going on today.

I have also been shaken more than a few times. Vietnam and the social and economic upheaval in the sixties and seventies. Serving as a General Conference Delegate in 2000 and realizing how broken my church was. The death of my Mother and Wife within six months of each other. The pandemic has not shaken me as much as the responses to the pandemic by our government and the Church. If that is not a wake up call for you, you are vertically dead.

I am not sure I support the idea that our time is coming. I believe it is already here. I believe its always been here and that we need to be ready at all times. By that I mean, I think we need to get ready before we need Him and before He calls us into action. In that sense, I am trying to focus on my relationships, be still and wait for His next charge on my life.

What I find encouraging and instructive about our text today is God’s full Charge and Instructions to Joshua, but you will have to read the rest of the section, verses 7-9. JD may get to this tomorrow, but I think these verses tell us the rest of the story. Not only are we to be strong and courageous. We are to be obedient to God’s Law; meditating on it night and day; and being careful not to stray to the left or the right. Only then will we be successful and prosper, and only then will God be with us wherever we go.