Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 6, 2021 at 6:51 am

New Jersey – Joshua 1:1-6

I guess I have always focused on the big God side of the equation. I have never thought much about the smallness of the story. However, I fully understand what JD is saying. It is consistent with the ways of God. He focuses on the minority not the majority. He selects the most unlikely to accomplish His mission of reconciliation.

Examples of this abound in the scriptures. He chose one old man and a barren women to birth a mighty nation. He chose a little shepherd boy with a sling and a bag of rocks to be King. He chose a teenage girl to give birth to the savior of the world and the King of Kings. He chose twelve to start the biggest and longest lasting movement in the history of mankind. “As small as I am” (The Hortons) He picked me to love and to become a minister of His reconciliation and an Ambassador for His son Jesus Christ.

I find this all very encouraging because it demonstrates the power of one person and small steps. It only takes a spark to get a big fire going. If I have faith the size of a mustard seed, I can move mountains. Small beginnings can result in big outcomes. Live it one day at a time; one step at a time. What is your next small step?