Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 7, 2021 at 5:50 am

His name is my name too – Joshua 1:1-6

First, my New Jersey is wherever I am. At home, at work, at church, in Sam’s, at the restaurant, I am an agent of God on duty 24/7. I have always been puzzled by those that say, God really showed up today or they say the Spirit was present in this place today. If you believe as I do, God the Father, God the Holy Spirit, and God the Son are always present when We are present because they reside within the born again believer. What happens when they don’t show up is that we get in the way or we fail to yield and release them. God refuses to compete with anything or anyone else for our attention.

The other big takeaway from today’s reading is that God has chosen to work through us, but He must first do a work in us. As Robert Mulholland says in The Deeper Journey, The Christian life is more than being active in a Church, affirming a certain set of beliefs, and adhering to a particular pattern of behavior. To be like Jesus is a matter of both being and doing not just believing and belonging. It is being in a loving union with God that manifests itself in Christlike living in the world. The deeper the relationship the greater the outflow.

The focus of our discipleship should not be on church programs and activities or behavior management. It should be on forming a deeper more loving union with God, such that our life is hidden in Him and we become one with God. His name really is my name. Lord let it be so with me!