Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 12, 2021 at 5:11 am

How to pass the test while failing the course – Joshua 1:7-9

It is possible to pass the test while failing the course. It depends on how you define the test. You can be successful without God. You can even call yourself a Christian without being a Disciple or at least some people think so. If you define success in worldly terms you can be successful without God, but if you define success in Kingdom terms, you can do nothing apart from God. If you define being a Christian by belief and belonging (I believe in God and I belong to a church) you are a Christian in name only, which is a very dangerous position to be in.

Our Text gives us one requirement (test) for Kingdom success. We are admonished to “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful” (Joshua 1:8). JD gives us the other requirement, “Their success comes not from a slavish striving after some outcome but from a deep and sustained surrendering to Jesus.” I am convinced that the way we pass the test and the course is by having a Biblical worldview and a sustained surrendering, submission, and obedience to Christ. It is a matter of believing God’s Word and doing what Jesus does (a Disciple) to the extent that Christ lives through us in the World. Your life is hidden in Him. Lord let it be so with me!