Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 14, 2021 at 6:00 am

Pressing past the motions into meeting with God – Exodus 33:7-11

I have already shared my thoughts on “all things” being a distraction. They can be if they become the main thing, but if they are a means to an end they are important and necessary. After all, Moses constructed a tent of meeting and went into the tent to meet with God. Daily time with God, Scripture reading, Prayer and corporate worship are important because they prepare and consecrate us for the tent meeting.

What really stood out to me from today’s reading and JD’s reflection was when he said, “There comes a point in this journey, if we can stay awake with Jesus, deepen our awareness of his presence, our attention to his words, our attunement to his voice, our attachment to his heart, we will find him abiding in us all the time and we in him. Though we leave the tent, the meeting never stops.” That’s what I desire! I want to get to the point in my relationship and loving union with God that He is always with me and I am always obedient to His Will and Ways. In other words, I don’t have to go into the “tent of meeting” to meet with Him, I am the tent of meeting and it goes with me wherever I go. Scripture tells us that we are a Temple for the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19). We just don’t act like it all the time. Lord make me a worthy vessel for your Holy Spirit!