Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 15, 2021 at 5:54 am

Jesus Sonders – James 1:2-4

“Everything that happens is not God’s will, but God has a will in everything that happens. How do you deal with this concept? What is the difference?” I picked this phrase out as the main take away from today’s reading before I got to the question. I don’t know about “sonder,” but it is true that we all have our own bag of rocks to tote in terms of trial and tribulation.

It is not God’s Will that we suffer and have to endure trials and tribulations. We suffer and have trials and tribulations because for now we live in a broken world where the rain falls on the just and unjust alike. We live in a world where the law of sin and death rules. However, we have a Savior in Jesus Christ who has overcome the world and the law of sin and death. We worship a transcendent God who has a plan for us to prosper in everything that happens.

This makes a huge difference in how we look at our trials and tribulations. We can consider them to be pure joy because we know He will make something good out of it. At the very least, he will give us the strength to weather the storms and persevere. We don’t have to let our trials and tribulations define or destroy us because our God is the God of the mountain and He is also the God of the valley. He turns mourning into dancing; He gives beauty for ashes; He turns graves into gardens; He is the only one who can (Branden Lake).

Every Christ Follower has a story of God’s Mercy and Grace. Sometimes in the midst of the storm, it is hard to see it, but it will happen, just stay anchored in Christ and wait for it.