Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 16, 2021 at 5:57 am

This is a Test – James 1:2-4

I do know that the testing of my faith produces perseverance and endurance. I am comforted by the knowledge that it’s the World that does the testing and not God. That Jesus uses the troubles of this World to strengthen us and make us over-comers like Him.

I like the way Paul puts it in Romans 5:3-4, “And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope…”. Trials and tribulations not only produces endurance, they produce proven (tested) character, which results in hope. Hope in Christ is what separates us from the rest of the World.

What I have a hard time understanding is why some people seem to be tested more than others. It doesn’t seem fair until you realize that the World is not fair, but God is. He shows no partiality. Since the World is producing the trials, it will not be fair or equal. Some people are born into trials and others are just in the wrong place at the wrong time or they inherited bad genes. I also think we bring a lot of life’s troubles on ourselves by living outside the Will and Word of God.