Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 18, 2021 at 6:01 am

On letting perseverance finish its work – James 1:2-4

The statement that jumps out at me is, “To persevere is to participate with the Holy Spirit’s work to image us in the image of Jesus. The operative word is let.” Yes, let is the operative word, but participate with the Holy Spirit’s work is how we let perseverance finish its work. That’s really what I was trying to say yesterday. We are in a loving partnership with the Holy Spirit. In my mind, It is the same kind of relationship as the loving partnership between a man and women, who have become one in Holy matrimony. The outcomes are the same: increased perseverance ( it actually gets easier); maturity; completeness, and lacking nothing.

I know that perseverance is finishing its work in me because I find it easier to consider it joy when I face trials and testing of my faith. He always sees me through and it is always a better outcome than I could imagine. He has a perfect track record with me. This gives me hope and a feeling of assurance and peace. I can’t imagine living life any other way. I pray for anyone that does not have this hope and I would be glad to talk with you more about letting perseverance finish its work.