Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 20, 2021 at 6:26 am

November 20-Daily Text Reading

Yes, I can definitely remember times of “descent” in my life. Some were major events others were not so major, but no less distressing. I experienced a minor descent moment yesterday, when I found myself at the end of my rope in terms of patience and acceptance of my circumstances. What I have learned is that the struggle is very real and never ends. Jesus tells us so, “These things I have spoken to you so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”

So we can’t escape trials and tribulations. They are a given in this world. What we can do is rejoice in and call on our savior as Habakkuk suggests in 3:18, but if you read verse 19, you will get the rest of the story, “The Lord God is my strength, And He has made my feet like hinds’ feet, And makes me walk on my high places…” I know that the Lord is my strength and that he has overcome the world, so that in Him I can do the same. What Verse 19 reminded me of this morning was that He has also equipped us to walk through the difficult terrain of trials and tribulations.

Do you know what it means to have “hinds” feet and to walk in high places. Well I didn’t either, so I went to gotquestions.org. and found out what it means. God has given us another set of legs to run on like the deer, the gazelle or a sure footed mountain goat. When we run with hinds’ feet on high (difficult) places, it means that we are equipped to live above our circumstances. That was an encouraging word for me and I hope it is for you.