Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 21, 2021 at 6:21 am

November 21, 2021 – Habakkuk 3:17-19

My story is very similar to JD’s story. I believe it is the same for most Christ Followers who are seeking to live into their true self and the Second Part of the Gospel (Being and Doing). At some point every maturing believer will begin the transformation from their false self to their true self. If they don’t, they will become stuck in the First Part of the Gospel (Believing and Belonging). I was stuck there for almost forty years. I also believe that as Henry Blackaby suggests in Expeirencing God, that it will be preceded by some form of a “crisis of faith.” It is not something we do. It is something God does in us when we have a broken and contrite heart.

The life verse that I stand on in general is Micah 6:8, “He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?” The life verse that I am standing right now is 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, “Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

I think it is important to have these life verses “rememberized.” One way to do that is found in Habakkuk 2:2, “Then the Lord answered me and said, “Record the vision And inscribe it on tablets, That the one who reads it may run.” This is why I believe journaling or writing down our reflections is so important. So let it be written, so let it be done!