Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 23, 2021 at 6:24 am

November 23, 2021 – Habakkuk 3:17-19

Your “yet” leads us to your “yes.” I think what this Text is really saying is that I will praise God in the midst of the storms of life. Though He slay me, yet I will hope in Him (Job 13:15a). “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me” (Psalm 23:4). In my experience, this requires a preemptive decision on our part. We can’t wait until we are in the midst of the storm to decide to let yet lead us to yes. We have to surrender and submit our lives to Him and make yes our response before we need Him. We have to bury these “yet” scriptures in our hearts.

I let the yets in Scripture lead me to say yes to God a long time ago. What I am working on is my behavior during the storm. I still get angry, grumble and gripe; tear my clothes; and throw ashes on my head. Not really, but my outward behavior does not always reflect my inward faith and It hurts my witness. I haven’t learned to fully rejoice even though I know my hope is in Him not my circumstances. Even though I know that this too will pass (I disagree with JD, everything passes one way or another). Even if it doesn’t pass and I die, nothing can separate me from His love and He will be with me all the way (Romans 8:38-39). Lord I confess that I often rejoice after the storm passes more than I do during the storm, but I know that you know my heart, and in my heart I am saying yes, yes, and amen Lord!