Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 28, 2021 at 6:49 am

November 28, 2021

Yesterday, was a long day that started with duck hunting with my boys and ended with a family and friends fish fry at my son’s farm in Reynolds, Georgia. I was up at four am for my quiet time of reading, reflecting, and recording, but the Daily Text is not posted until five am, so I missed sharing my thoughts from yesterday’s reading with you.

As I reflect on yesterday’s and today’s reading, I am struck by the difference in asking for God’s strength to help me and realizing that the Lord Jesus is my strength. It’s no longer about me, it’s all about Him, start to finish. That it’s not about an improved version of me. It’s about the new/true me. I get that, I accept that, but I don’t always see that in myself. The old self is still there even though I desire to be my new true self.

As I read about going deeper and maturing to the point that my old self is dead and my new/true self is completely hidden in Christ; that there is no glass; that there is only fullness; I have to say that I am just not there yet, so what am I to do. This may be a cop out, but this is what I think and believe. My true self is actually already there in my old self. It has been there in all His fullness from the day I confessed Him as the Son of God and my lord and Savior; from the day that I was baptized and born again. I really don’t have to put Him on or fill the glass, there is no glass. All I have to do is surrender and release Him to do His work of sanctification and transformation in me. That takes time, but I know I will get there because He is living in me. I am Confident that He who has begun a good work in me will complete it (Philippians 1:6). That not only encourages me, that makes my joy complete.