Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 3, 2021 at 6:27 am

December 3, 2021

I was definitely lost without direction or purpose before I came to know Jesus. I am still prone to wander, but He always finds me and brings me back. Looking over the past year, other than the usual indiscretions and moments of disobedience, the Pandemic, the election of the Biden Administration, and a Democratically controlled Congress have been my biggest distraction. I allowed myself to wander off into the weeds and become upset and angry over something I can’t control.

Recently, it has been listening to the oral arguments before the Supreme Court arguing for the constitutional right and liberty of women to have an abortion. There was no mention of the unborn child’s constitutional rights for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I just don’t understand how anyone, especially Believers, could support murdering innocent children in the name of liberty.

What I have to remind myself is that God’s still in control. He is allowing this to happen for a reason. That Judgment day will come, but that’s not my responsibility. Jesus will judge the nations when He comes and every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess Him as Lord. The way Jesus leads me through all this and back to the path of life is through the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is constantly telling me to act justly, love kindness and mercy, and walk humbly with my God (Micah 6:8).

Reading all of Psalm 16 also helps me not only see the path of life, but I am comforted by verse 4, “The sorrows of those who have bartered for another god will be multiplied; I shall not pour out their drink offerings of blood, Nor will I take their names upon my lips.” My God is a God of love; of Grace and Truth, of Mercy and Justice. He will set things right, so I don’t have to be so concerned about trying to do that.