Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 4, 2021 at 5:47 am

December 4,2021

Obedience (surrender and submission) is the final threshold in our sanctification and spiritual maturity, evidenced by the Fruit of the Spirit in our lives and a profound love of God and others (Barna’s Ten Transformational Stops). All the other stops are really about His obedience and faithfulness not ours.

One way we demonstrate our obedience is by knowing and doing God’s Will, His Way. As far as knowing His Will and Ways it is made plain for us in the Scriptures, so the first mark of obedience is to read and know the Scriptures. This can’t be a read through the Bible in ninety days or a year program. Knowing the Scriptures requires us to eat the Word and meditate on it night and day (Joshua 1:8).

Another mark of obedience is preemptive obedience. This is where we decide ahead of time that we are going to do God’s Will without hesitation or reservation. We become so attune to God that our very being is hidden in Him. We do as Noah did, as Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane, and we pray as Mary did, “Behold, the Lord’s bond-servant; may it be done to me according to your word” (Luke 1:38). I often pray, Lord all I want is your Will, nothing more, nothing less. So let it be written, so let it be done.