Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 5, 2021 at 6:41 am

December 5, 2021

My true name is like my true self. It the name given to me by God to represent who He created me to be. He is calling me to fulfill that name and to live into the characteristics of my true self, which is revealed for me in Jesus Christ, the living Word.

At times, like this morning, I feel far away from that new name and my true self. I feel stuck in my old self and the pull of the flesh is great. I strive and struggle. I try to master my bad behavior all to little avail. Some say, you have to be broken by some major crisis of faith and that may be true, but what am I to do in the meantime?

All I know to do, is to forget what lies in the past and keep on living into Him (being) and doing what He tells me to do. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not mine to hold, yet. Today is all I have, so I confess my short comings; I ask Him to cleanse me; I ask Him not withhold the Holy Spirit from me; and to restore the joy of my salvation; and then I move on (Psalm 51). As long as I keep leaning forward, keeping my eye on the prize (Philippians 3:13-14). I am confident that He who has begun a good work in me is faithful to complete it and that I will receive my new name in the fullness of time (Philippians 1:6). In the meantime, those of you who have to endure my false self, please forgive me. Lord let it be so!