Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 8, 2021 at 6:13 am

December 8, 2021

I am a wrestler at heart. I wrestle with God, but I wrestle with my self more than God. I wrestle with other people and I wrestle with injustices and things that I believe are wrong. I mainly wrestle with what my response should be.

I don’t think I wrestle because of fear, but out of a discontent with the way things are. I actually admire people who wrestle with God, struggle and resist evil. I sometimes get the impression that some people feel that submission and surrender to God means we must give in and give up. I don’t think Jacob did that. He continued to wrestle and struggle, but he did so with a limp. He walked humbly with his lord because he met face to face with Him.

I would like to think that my wrestling and struggling is a Holy Discontent and that I walk with a limp. This is where Jesus comes into play. As the title of today’s reading says, “Jesus is Lord of the Wrestling Heart.” Jesus is the difference between selfishness ambition, resistance, deception, a controller, and a one who forces his will on others. I try my best to wrestle with Jesus first and let Him be the Lord of my heart and my response to others, injustices, and evil in the world. Lord help me to wrestle, struggle, and resist justly, to love kindness and mercy, and to walk humbly with you (Micah 6:8).