Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 9, 2021 at 5:53 am

December 9, 2021

I have lived Romans 8:28 over and over again in my life. I have already shared the most miraculous ashes to beauty story of my life so far. My first love of nearly 45 years died suddenly from an incurable and debilitating disease. Even though her death was expected, I was totally devastated, but God was with me every step of the way and He provided me with a second first love who returned the joy of life and purpose that death had intended to rob me of.

I will reserve the story of how He accomplished this for another day. God has used what disease and death intended as harm for the benefit of not only us, but also to benefit others. My new first love had also suddenly lost a spouse of 35 years three months after my loss. God has used the hard times in both our lives to equip us for ministry. Between us we have 80 years of marriage experience and over 100 years of experience in following Jesus. We have suffered and survived many hard times and losses. Our lives did not fall apart, they came together, and now we are thriving. The hard times have increased our compassion for others and helped us to have a story of hope to share with others.