Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 10, 2021 at 6:10 am

December 10, 2021

I usually don’t meditate on Jesus as the sacrificial lamb of God during advent or at Christmas, that is reserved for Easter. I focus on the miracle of His Virgin birth and all that means for us both now and in the future. I focus on the greatest gift anyone can give another person, the gift of themselves. That’s what Advent and Christmas are about for me. Not the lights, the Christmas trees 🎄or Santa 🎅 or the presents 🎁. Those are all ok and enjoyable for some, especially children, but the reason for the season is the birth of the Lord of all and savior of the World, Jesus Christ, the son of God, the greatest gift ever given to mankind.

The bookends of our faith are the virgin birth of Christ and His resurrection from the dead. His virgin birth, God incarnate, makes it possible for us to be born again spiritually. This enables us to enter the Kingdom of God and become joint heirs with Christ. We become a child of God and a person of worth. Without His virgin birth and our re-birth in Him, we would remain dead in our trespasses (Ephesians 2:1). His resurrection makes it possible for us to be an over comer now and even in death.