Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 11, 2021 at 5:39 am

December 11, 2021

John 1:1-18 is a familiar passage, especially verses 1 and 14. Jesus is the embodiment of God and His Word. He is God incarnate (in the flesh). Jesus explains Him (verse 18). Verse 14 is especially important for us to grasp. The Word that becomes flesh is the only begotten son of God and He came to us at Advent “full of Grace and Truth.”

We have spoken about this many times. The Gospel of Jesus is both Grace and Truth. The first part of the Gospel is all about Grace. The second part of the Gospel is all about Truth and Sanctification (our adherence to Truth in response to Grace). Grace without Truth is cheap Grace. Truth without Grace is legalism. You must accept both in order to be complete and like Him (God/Jesus).

As far as what we can do to spend more time in the Gospels this Advent season, our Church has challenged us to read the Gospel of Luke. There are 24 days in the Advent Season and there are 24 chapters in Luke. So if you read one chapter a day starting on December 1st you will have read through the Gospel of Luke by Christmas Eve. We are eleven days into this challenge, but it’s not too late to jump in and I encourage you to do so. May God bless the reading and hearing of His Word, but more importantly the doing of His Word, Amen!