Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 12, 2021 at 6:46 am

December 12, 2021

Jesus is the light of the world and we are commanded to carry that light into the world. Jesus tells us to not hide our light (Matthew 5:14-15). As I pondered today’s reading, I thought what does that really mean? First, I think it is important to note that the light we have comes from Him. We are not the source of the light. We are carriers of His light so it is important to know Him and be true to Him.

If it is His light, then it is full of both Grace and Truth (John 1:14) as we have discussed previously. He is also love (1 John 4:16), so we are to carry Grace, Truth, and Love into the world.

In light of this (no pun intended), how do we be a light in our homes, churches, workplaces, and community? Well first, we don’t hide the light we have, which means you have to be willing to lift up the name of Jesus and make it clear that we are His Followers. Secondly, we lead with love and grace, but we also speak God’s truth into all these environments by sharing His Word to dispel darkness and ignorance.

Thinking about how I can be a brighter light this Advent Season, I am led to draw closer to the source of the light I carry by spending more time meditating on who He is. This daily text series is helping me do that. I am also led to read and meditate on His Word. Reading through the Gospel of Luke is helping me with that.