Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 15, 2021 at 5:33 am

December 15, 2021

I am a perfectionist by nature, which has caused me great pain over the years. Everything from biting my nails to constantly striving to measure up can be traced to my perfectionist nature. This led me to compare myself to others and to look first at the outward appearances of others. However, this is not all bad. My drive for perfection has also motivated me to be a doer and I have accomplished a lot in my life, especially after I started Following Christ and trying to do what He says.

An ancient Chinese proverb says that, “failure is the Mother of success.” I say failure is a lesson in humility and humility is the key to success. God has used the failures in my life to teach me humility and to change my perspective on myself and others. I have learned to not judge a book by its cover and to look beneath the surface to the heart as God does. Many who appear outwardly successful are inwardly unsuccessful by God’s standards.

When God and others look at my heart, I pray they find me to be true to my God and faithful. I hope I will always look at the heart of others as the measure of success and over look the failures in their life.