Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 16, 2021 at 5:47 am

December 16, 2021

Jesus says that we have only one Father, one Rabbi (teacher/instructor), and only one leader (Matthew 23:8-10). Jesus is the ultimate model for leadership. His leadership transcends that of all worldly leaders. He has established a Kingdom that “inhabits the human heart rather than a geopolitical location.”

I believe all that with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength. What I struggle with is what to do about “allegiances or loyalties” to the country/nation that I live in and the government that rules that country. As a Christ Follower, I had no problem pledging allegiance to a country that pledged to be “one nation under God with liberty and justice for all” but we don’t live in that country anymore. Our leaders have removed God from the public square and have chosen leaders that do not pledge allegiance and loyalties to God. We have chosen to have liberty and justice for some, the ruling elite, but not all, like the unborn child of God, the poor, the window, and the orphan.

What am I to do about that? How do I get back on track? How does America get back on track. Some say, just focus on Jesus and loving others, which is sound advice, but do I just abandon the country that I was once willing to die for. I can’t bring myself to do that. I feel that I need to be a voice of repentance, so that my fellow countrymen will not suffer the consequences of ungodly leadership until Christ comes back to rule the world.