Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 17, 2021 at 5:50 am

December 17, 2021

The thing that stood out to me in today’s reading is that “to be utterly attentive and wholly available, is the goal of the Christian life.” God, the Great I Am, says to us here I am through Jesus. Our corresponding response is here I am Lord, I am no longer my own, but thine.

When I think about situations where I most sense that God is with me and I am with Him, I don’t really think about worship or even prayer. If by worship you mean a worship service or a ritual or an obligatory prayer. Don’t get me wrong I do sense His presence during these times, but sometimes it is more me being present than me and Him being present together as one. Do you see the difference?

I am the closest to Him when I am “still and know that He is God” (Psalm 46:10). This usually occurs during my morning meetings with Him. When I read and meditate on His Word night and day (Joshua 1:8). When I engage in contemplative prayer, prayer where I am silent, surrendered and open. It also occurs when I am being obedient; when I present my self as a living sacrifice, which is real spiritual worship (Romans 12:1). Finally it occurs when I least expect it; in the shower; on a walk; riding down the road or when I am fishing. I totally agree with Dan that the goal of the Christian life is to experience advent and God with us every day, 24/7. Lord let it be so with me!