Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 18, 2021 at 5:34 am

December 18, 2021

Bigger and more is definitely not better in my opinion and experience. It is the small things in life that make a big difference, so I find today’s Text and reading very reassuring.

Most big things start small as in the case of Jesus’s ministry on earth. Jesus came to us as a tiny baby born in a small place and now His Kingdom knows no end. He taught us that if we only have the faith of a mustard seed ( one of the smallest of seeds), we can move mountains (Luke 17:6). It only takes a spark to get a mighty fire going and one candle can light up a room.

It is the same way with us. It’s the small things we do that matter the most and most big things we accomplish start small. As I think about all the things I do in the name of Christ, it is the small personal gestures that make the most difference in my life and the lives of others. A word of encouragement, a simple prayer, a quick phone call or text, or just a small random act of kindness like bringing the love of my life a cup of coffee in bed every morning. Lord help me to think small in order for you to do big things through me!