Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 20, 2021 at 8:10 am

December 20, 2021

Today’s question: “Do you know of someone who needs a little help right now to find their way to, or way back to, Christ? What one thing could you do to help remove the barriers they believe are between them and God, to support the Spirit’s process of wooing them home?” is a question that I ponder often. I don’t have to look very far to find that someone. They are in my family, my church, and my community. They are everywhere in increasing numbers. What is more difficult is deciding what to do about it.

Yesterday was the fourth day of Advent and my side of the family was having a Christmas Luncheon. I wanted the younger children to light the Advent Candles and read the Christmas Story in Luke 2:1-20. I realized that I needed some fresh Advent Candles. I went to several stores looking for Advent Candles. What struck me was not that there were no Advent Candles, but that the store clerks had no idea what I was talking about, so I explained Advent and the reason for the season to them.

It occurs to me that the one thing we can do is to tell the story of Christ everywhere we go to everybody we encounter. This is what the Apostles did despite the objections of the ruling religious authorities. When we lift up the name of Jesus, He will draw all people to Himself (John 12:32). How we do this is a bit tricky, especially in today’s culture, but the Holy Spirit, will guide you. We just have to know the story and be ready to tell it when the opportunity presents itself. Lord let it be so with me!