Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 21, 2021 at 6:31 am

December 21,2021

Faithfulness is an important virtue for me. Therefore, today’s reading really resonates with me. Without faithfulness nothing of worth can be accomplished in my opinion. If you are not faithful in your relationships, those relationships will always be shallow and superficial; matters of convenience rather than dedication, devotion, and commitment. If you are not faithful to your beliefs, principles, and values, you will fall for anything. If you are not faithful in terms of your responsibilities, you will not be dependable and trustworthy. Faithfulness is a requirement for God’s favor and is necessary for you to be of service to God. Mary and Josep were faithful and favored.

Faithfulness does not mean perfection. We all have flaws and we all fall short of the Glory of God. We all struggle with our false self or our old nature. I struggle with anger. Anger is the root cause of my unfaithfulness to my true self, the self God created me to be.

It is not so important that I have anger or self righteous indignation. What’s important is that I struggle with it. First, I try not to let the sun set on my anger (Ephesians 4:26). I also acknowledge and confess my sin to God and others and pray for healing (1 John 1:9, James 5:16). My healing is not complete, but I know He is faithful and will complete the good work He has begun in me (Philippians 1:6). In the meantime, I am faithful to confess and to keep leaning forward (Philippians 3:13).