Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 23, 2021 at 6:11 am

December 23, 2021

Mary’s response to God’s call on her life has always been an inspiration for me. From her reply to the Angel’s message that she would conceive the Son of the Most High whose Kingdom will have no end to her praise and worship in the Magnificat she is the epitome of surrender and submission. It is no wonder that the Church has called her blessed for generations.

If I were writing a song to describe God, I would use words like powerful, just, truthful, loving and kind, full of Grace and Truth. Like Mary’s song these words describe the juxtaposition of God. He is a loving God, but He is also a just God who lifts up the humble but brings down the proud.

Above all I would sing of His Faithfulness because that is what He has been for me. He is my North Star in the darkness and my anchor in the storms of life. He is the never changing rock and the absolute Truth that I stand on. There is no other name above His name and I join with Mary in proclaiming, “Behold, the bondslave of the Lord; may it be done to me according to your word” (Luke 1:38).