Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 24, 2021 at 6:17 am

December 24, 2021

I doubt many people this morning, even faithful Christ Followers, are thinking about Jesus as being our Great High Priest and the only mediator between God and Humankind. Even fewer are pondering the fact that we are supposed to be a Royal Priesthood, ministers of God’s Reconciliation, and Ambassadors for Christ on earth. That we are where Heaven and Earth meet.

We are focused on the coming of the King of Kings and the Savior of the World, which is appropriate, but when tomorrow becomes yesterday and all the gifts have been opened or returned; all the Christmas meals have been consumed; it would be good to focus on our role as a Royal Priesthood because Jesus has ascended and sits at the right hand of God meditating night and day for us. We are the only ones left on earth to carry out His ministry.

Fortunately, He left us a departing gift, The Holy Spirit to guide and equip us in our new role. As I ponder this past year and how I have been a bridge for others and how I can be a more fully engaged royal priest of God in the year ahead, I feel at a loss as to what more I can do. I am led to think that I need to focus more on being and doing and less on myself or busy work. I need to focus on being worthy of my calling through surrender, submission, and obedience to my High Priest. I need to focus on the small opportunities to be a bridge that are all around me and less on the big stuff that can easilyentangle me. What about you?