Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 25, 2021 at 6:11 am

December 25, 2021

If you are searching for the meaning of Christmas Day, you have found it in today’s text and reading. Jesus Christ, the Bright Morning Star is born this day. “The Light enters the darkness, in order to dispel the darkness; that is the message of Christmas.” God entered the world as a human being in order to bring light and to dispel darkness.

As I sit here reflecting on that, I wonder what does it mean, what does it look like in action? If you have ever tried to move around in total darkness, you know what it means. You are lost without light. You can’t find your way out of the darkness. You can’t see others and you can’t function in the dark. You need a light.

On this day, we need to remember that we not only need a light, we are to be the light that dispels darkness. The light of Christ needs to shine forth from us as we go through this day and the days to come. What that means is that we are to be encouragers, hope dispensers full of Grace and truth. We need to look on the bright side of things (no pun intended). I must confess that I don’t always do that. Lord forgive me and rekindle the light that is within me in order to dispel the darkness around me.