Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 26, 2021 at 6:26 am

December 26, 2021

As I forced myself to get out of bed this morning despite being tired and feeling bad, I was dealing with desperation and wondering is it worth getting up this early and practicing my spiritual discipline day after day. I pour a cup of coffee, open up the Daily Text, and I immediately transition into a state of expectation and discernment. I am meeting with my Heavenly Father to get my inspiration and direction for the day.

Today’s text and reading is so true, “The daily effort of slow, intentional pursuit will always pay off in righteousness. And it will always lead to promise fulfilled.” It is definitely possible, that I find as much joy in my pursuit of God as I do in the surprising moments of miracle when He fulfills a promise. That is why I continue to pursue a loving union with Him each day through my spiritual disciplines regardless of my circumstances or wether I feel like it.

I have heard all the excuses and quite frankly they fall on deaf ears. If you are living each day in desperation there is only one way to shift to a life of expectation. You have to discipline yourself to spend time daily with the Lord of your life. This is when Heaven meets with you and it always leads to righteousness and promises fulfilled. As we enter the post Advent season and begin a new year, I challenge you to find a place and time to meet with Him daily. If you are already doing that, I challenge you to go even deeper in your pursuit.