Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 27, 2021 at 6:37 am

December 27, 2021

Two things jump out at me from today’s text and reading. First, “Truly experiencing God in a life of worship, always leads to the response of proclamation, of telling and testimony.” I firmly believe that if you have truly experienced, encountered God, Heaven meeting Earth, you will live a life of worship in response. It is impossible for you to do otherwise. You can’t contain the Spirit that now lives within you. This is why, I am concerned for those that profess to have experienced the living God, but have no visible response to Him.

Secondly, “Do you consider the disciplines of prayer, fasting, and devotion as acts of worship?” The answer is yes, but I believe worship is more than that and everybody does not have to be like Simeon and Anna. A life of worship for me is “to witness to Jesus Christ in the world and to follow his teachings through acts of compassion, justice, worship and devotion under the guidance of the Holy Spirit” (UMC.org).

This is a rule of life from the Book of Discipline in the United Methodist Church. “A rule of life is a pattern of Spiritual Disciplines that provides structure and direction for the pursuit of Holiness”(the deeper walk). It also fosters the use of Spiritual gifts into works of mercy and works of piety in the personal and public domain. I hope you will find this framework useful in organizing your life of worship and I encourage you to go UMC.org to learn more about it or contact me.