Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 3, 2022 at 5:42 am

January 3, 2022

As I reflected on Isaiah 40:8, “The grass withers and the flower fades, but the Word of our God endures forever” and today’s Text from Matthew 7:24-27, I could not help but ask how old is the Bible? So, I googled it, “The first Biblical stories were passed down orally and only written down later by various authors. Most Biblical scholars believe the Book of Genesis was the first book to be written down. This would have happened around 1450 BC to 1400 BC. So perhaps about 3400 years or so ago.” That’s almost as old as dirt. When you think about it, what else has ever lasted that long? Also, according to Guinness World Records as of 1995, the Bible is the best-selling book of all time with an estimated 5 billion copies sold and distributed. The longevity and popularity of the Bible is a testimony to the solid rock Truth it represents.

Unfortunately, not everyone that owns a Bible reads it and even fewer believe it to be the absolute Truth and then choose to build their life on it. The Bible helps us understand God and the world we live in. It is the lens through which we see God revealed, our true self, and the World we live in. It is our worldview.

The only appropriate worldview for a believer is a Biblical Worldview. We don’t have to understand it, like it, or agree with it. We accept it as the Truth based on faith in God. Therefore, it is not our place to bend the Word to fit our preferences or the prevailing culture, which is here today and gone tomorrow. Our place is to accept it for what it is and pattern our life in accordance with it. That’s what it means to build your house on rock not sinking sand. Lord may my steps be ordered by your Word!