Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 4, 2022 at 6:16 am

January 4, 2022

Today’s reading gets at why I am not a big fan of read through the Bible plans. There is a big difference in reading and comprehending. You can read through the Bible and never comprehend (hear) what it is saying. Faith doesn’t come from just reading, but from deep listening and hearing (Romans 10:17). You can also hear and never act on what you hear. We are to be doers of the Word not just hearers of the Word (James 1:22).

So what does that say about my challenge to “Read through the Bible in 2022.” There is nothing wrong with doing this as long as you take it two steps further. After all, the first step is to read. What I challenge you to do is read and let the Holy Spirit help you answer two questions. First what does this reading tell me about God? Secondly, what does this reading say about the world we live in; what does it say about me; and what am I going to do about it? To insure that you read, hear and act on the Word, I challenge you to take one more step. Journal/ record your answers to those questions. So let it be written, so let it be done (Habakkuk 2:2).