Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 6, 2022 at 6:36 am

January 6, 2022

COVID fog is a term that is gaining new meaning as I enter my fourth day with this mess. I apparently have a mild case, since I am vaccinated or because I have the Omicron variant, but It is still very uncomfortable and clouds my thinking and loosens my inhibitions. So far, I have not let it take the place of my first Word.

I don’t have a problem with putting God’s Word first. The only thing I do before opening the Daily Text is pour a cup of coffee, put some eye drops in my eyes and clean my glasses. It’s a spiritual discipline that has become a habit that borders on an obsession. It is not something I do out of a sense of duty. It is something I do because I want to and I can’t live without it.

The Last word is a challenge for me and may not work for me. Like JD, I usually unwind and decompress by watching the evening news, Jeopardy, and then Tucker or some mindless entertainment. I have tried to read Scripture before I go to bed, but I am usually totally brain dead by then and it just doesn’t work. What I am going to try to do is to at least recite one of my life verses, which for years has been Psalm 46:10, “Be still and know that I am God” or my Text for 2022, Luke 1:38, “May it be done to me according to your Word.”

Final thought for today, did you catch the one verse that seems out of place in today’s Text from Psalm 19:7-9. All the verses except 9a speak of God’s law, statutes, precepts, commands, and decrees. Verse 9a speaks of the fear of the Lord enduring for ever. Could this be the key to understanding the meaning of First Word, Last Word, God’s Word? It is out of the “fear of the Lord” that wisdom begins and it’s out of the fear of the Lord (respect and worship) that we put His Word first at all times not just at an appointed time. “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer” (Psalm 19:14, NASB).