Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 11, 2022 at 6:40 am

January 11, 2022

No one escapes trials, troubles, and tribulations. Everyone will experience The cords of death; the torrents of destruction; the cords of the grave; and the snares of death. There is no escaping it and when one crisis is over another is waiting in the wings to unfold. I wish it were not so, but it is a certainty. A couple of things occur to me as I reflect on that reality and this text.

First, some people seem to have more than their share of problems. Trials, tribulations, and troubles are not equally or evenly distributed. I believe there are two reasons for this. First, some people invite troubles, trials, and tribulations into their lives by the bad choices they make. Secondly, some people are just in the wrong place at the wrong time through no fault of their own. Either way, it is a product of the broken, unfair, unjust world we live in and wishing it weren’t so doesn’t change it.

Secondly, there is something we can do about it. We can make good choices and we can turn to God not away from Him in the midst of the storm. This is where His Word and His Ways come in. They are the guard rails that will keep you on a path that minimizes the probability that you will encounter trials, tribulations and troubles. I will add a third to these two, His Will. God’s Will and His plans for you are to prosper you (Jeremiah 29:11). That gives you hope for the future and the ability to weather the storm no matter how hard knowing that even if you do die, you win, and you will spend eternity with Him. His Word, His Way, and His Will; I know of no other solution. Praise God!