Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 18, 2022 at 6:08 am

January 18, 2022

When JD says, “wake up sleeper, and arise from the dead,” we are to say, “and Christ will shine on you” (Ephesians 5:14). If you could not fill in the blank, don’t worry, I had to look it up too. But that is the point he is trying to make. If we have anchor buddies and we practice this form of catechism, we won’t have to look it up. We will become united (anchored) to one another and to God through His Word.

My favorite anchor buddy is my beautiful, beloved bride, the love of my life above all others, but my Lord. We started “rememberizing” scripture this way even before we were married. I won’t charge you extra for this, but this is a great way to make sure you are equally yoked before you get married and that you stay that way throughout your marriage. Being one with God and with each other (Ephesians 5:31) is one of the secrets to a long happy and prosperous marriage. There are a few other secrets, but I won’t share them here 😉.

We started with the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). We would be driving down the road and I would express my disapproval 🤬with the driver that cut me off, and she would say Love, and I would say Joy, and then she would say Peace, and I would struggle to say Patience, then we would go through the rest of the Fruit in this manner. It stuck and to this day we can run through them without even having to think.

Our faith is personal, but it is not private. The journey to a loving union with God is not a solo journey. We need anchor buddies to walk with us. The same principle applies to reading God’s Word. This is why I am such a proponent of banded discipleship. The grass withers, the flower fades,…………😊.