Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 26, 2022 at 8:49 am

January 26, 2022

The past two mornings I have been getting up before the Daily Text is delivered, so I have not been able to record my reflections. I caught up on my reading this morning.

The two big takeaways for me are: First, I am the clay; he is the Potter and I don’t get to tell the potter what to do. This is hard for me because I am a control freak, but I have learned the hard way to surrender and submit to His control. Lord do with me as you will is often my closing prayer after I have tried in vain to help Him mold me.

The second is that the big problem with slumber is when you think you are awake and you don’t know what you don’t know. I am confident that I know the Lord, but the more I know, the more I realize how much I don’t know, but I am ok with that, because I trust Him to reveal Himself to me in His on way in His own timing, if I stay in the Word and abide in Him.

In my view, we have a lot of people who are asleep or don’t know Him at all. The scary thing is that many of those who are asleep are really dead. I believe it’s our job to wake them up from their slumber and help them get to know Him before it is too late. For this reason I really like our catechism that says “Awake, sleeper, And arise from the dead, And Christ will shine on you” (Ephesians 5:14). I have found that the best way to do this is get them to read the Word.