Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 28, 2022 at 6:04 am

Friday, January 28, 2022

Almost back home and a return to my normal routine and the spiritual rhythm of my life. It is the interruptions and distractions from your normal routine in life that give you a special opportunity to apply what God’s Word has changed in your life. I always ask myself, “Have I been a faithful follower of the Word and a good witness for my Lord?” I pray that I have and I ask forgiveness for when I have not.

As we near the end of this series there are several powerful meta themes that JD brings to our attention in today’s and yesterday’s reading. First, “The Word of God is not an idle word. It is a powerful and movemental. We turn the Word of God into an idle word in our life to the extent we leave it bound in a book.” For the Word of God to fulfill its purpose in our lives (revelation and transformation) it can not be just a Book that we leave on the coffee table and pull out on Sunday. It has to become my life and bound in my heart.

The second is, “Don’t hear me wrong. Our part is not passive. It’s just not primary. Our work is to simply work with the Word. The Word made flesh through the Word revealed in text by the power of the Spirit actually does the work.” We have a very important part in this process. JD describes our part as: “reading, ruminating, rememberizing, researching, and rehearsing.” This takes time and discipline. It must become a priority in our life. The principle of, you will get out of it what you put into it applies here. Lord, may I become more like your Living Word!