Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 29, 2022 at 6:04 am

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Where am I?

I am back home after a week of recreation, good food, and fellowship in the great outdoors with three of my sons. I am back in the arms of my beautiful loving bride and I have my sweet dog back in my lap. I am sitting here by the fireplace with a hot cup of coffee reflecting on God’s Word and His questions. There is no place like home. I am content and all is well with my soul and my relationship with God.

I am also back in touch with the real World that I live in and my heart is broken, and I dismayed and disgusted by what I hear on the nightly news. Two more policemen gunned down in the line of duty; rumors of war in Europe; impending natural disasters; rising crime and lawlessness; fear and panic over a virus; schools closed and children still being forced to wear masks when there is no scientific evidence to support it; drug addiction and deaths from poisoned drugs flowing into our country because of the current administration’s insane immigration policies and open borders; Christians and churches under attack or caving into the government and the prevailing culture. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, all is not well with my church, my community, my country, and the World.

I want to escape or hide from all this knowing that God is control and that in the end, Jesus Wins, but God won’t let me do that. He seeks me out and asks me, what you going to do about all this? That’s the question I grapple with everyday. I have resolved to draw closer to God, His commands, and His Will and Ways; to humble myself and focus on my own shortcomings; to pray unceasingly; and to reach as many as I can, wherever and whenever I can, by any means I can; with God’s Truth. It is the only thing that will make a difference in the real World that I find myself in today. Lord here I am, send me!